Monday 10 January 2011

Opening Sequence Evaluation Activity 2.

How does your media product represent particular social groups?





I chose to compare the main character of my story which is Lily, she plays a picked on bullied girl in my film opening. The way I portray her is to be a bit geeky with the glasses and in one part she walks weirdly with big black shoes. I compared Lily to the main character out of the film 'Never Been Kissed'. The films are completely different but the character in the story 'Josie' reminded me of Lily's character at the start of my film opening. Very unaware. The film never been kissed isn't a tragic or horror story but the characters are very alike in ways. They both have a 'nerdy' personality. Also at school people pick on them both for being the way that they are.




I would also compare Lily to the character 'Mullet' who is in the film 'Tormented.' The story-line for this film is basically exactly like mine, where he gets bullied at school and commits suicide, and comes back to haunt the people who bullied him.
I think this character fits perfectly to compare with Lily in my film opening as it fits with the genre and story-line of my film perfectly.
Obviously my characters are different sex but still the comparison fits well. They also fit well as they both wear the same type of clothes 'school wear.'


No comments:

Post a Comment