Wednesday 12 January 2011

Opening Sequence Evaluation Activity 4.

Who would be the audience for your media product?


For my target audience I chose 'Sophie Hunt.' Sophie is 18 years old and is studying A Levels at Sixth form. Sophie lives in Surrey and has done for all her life. Sophie dresses casually and likes to look smart and presentable wherever she goes. At weekends Sophie is normally working in the town centre in the shop River Island. She works there evenings and weekends. When Sophie isn't working and at sixth form she likes to go shopping, in shops such as H+M, Topshop, New Look etc. She also likes to go out to the cinema with either her friends or boyfriend where she enjoy every type of genre but mainly horror. Her favourite movies are Superbad, One missed call, Mean girls and Toy Story. She also likes the everyone of the Haloween films that have been made. Sophie usually listens to the 'Indie' and rock type of music but also likes other genres just as much.
I think my film would appeal to this girl as her main liking of films is horror, and my film fits that criteria but has teenage characters which also relates to her as she is roughly the same age. Also as my film is horror this may also interest her and make her want to watch it as she enjoys horror movies a lot and she as it relates to some of the things she likes and enjoys when advertised she would think about going and watching it at the cinema.


These are some feedback comments I received about my film opening.


I definetly agree with Hannah's comment which is I could have added more titles to my film opening about the jobs of the cast such as director, producer etc. 
I am quite happy that she also said that the story-line was easy to understand and clear to the audience because I was quite worried that the story-line would not be clear and confuse the audience.
I think I could have used more camera angles to make my opening more effective and make more of an impact. I do think the piece of music I chose worked well with my opening and created suspense which I wanted to happen, in comparison with Tom's comment but I do think with more time I could have added more effects to show the haunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment