Wednesday 12 January 2011

Opening Sequence Evaluation Activity 3.

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?






My names Lia and this is my director’s commentary style voiceover.
I chose the production company name as Darkworld arts as I thought ‘darkworld’ would fit with the genre of my film and arts connects with the drama based production. A production company is responsible for development and production of films. The company may also organise to fund the production.
The idea of a distributor is the name given to companies who own films or videos etc. and sell them to cinemas and shops. I chose ‘Momentum Pictures’ to distribute my film as they are a popular company and have had many successful film releases which also fit with my horror genre that I chose for my film. Successful film releases they have helped are films such as ‘The crazies’ ‘The girl with the dragon tattoo’ The men who stare at goats, and many more.
I would receive some money by merchandising for a film like mine by advertising a product in the film, which would help towards the film. I would also borrow money. I would use the UK FILM COUNCIL who support film makers are able to create distinctive and entertaining work.
The order I have put the titles in is the producer first then at the end o my opening when the film is introduced I have put the cast names.
Films that have influenced my opening and could be released and a similar way, would be ‘tormented’ which basically has the same storyline as mine. The haunting, Paranormal activity and the sixth sense. These films all relate to my opening and have helped me in some way.


This is the logo I made for my company production.
I thought the name 'Darkworld' arts went with the genre of my film as its like the mysterious feel I want it to give out. I put dark in a black bold font obviously to represent the world dark then I chose world in red, as there is a lot of darkness and hate that goes on in the world and that also fits with my genre.
Then I chose arts in a different font and a green to give more effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment